Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Feel Appreciated...

Along with cards and gifts scattered throughout the month, today our church showed us how much they appreciate us, as it is Pastor Appreciation Month. I feel very appreciated. There are blessing behind each card and gift, but here are some examples of God blessing us through the gestures of others.

I have been trying to decide if I should spend the money to buy a rug I have picked out for our bathroom at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Throwing a wet towel or a dirty shirt has been efficient for when we get out of the shower, but would like to have something permanent to protect our feet from the cold tile floor. One of our gift cards was for Bed, Bath and Beyond; I get my rug (smile).

There is a restaurant that Chris and I have been wanting to try called Sweet Home Chicago Pizza and Pastaria (we have walked by several times smelling the delicious smells escaping from the opened door). Now how in the world would any body know that. Yes, got a gift card.

Chris and my anniversary is coming up and we now have a gift card to go have a nice dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

Okay, I am going to stop there, I would be up all night sharing the blessing behind each word, card and gift of appreciation we have received.

Ever since we have been here we have been blessed by our church family at Sonrise from clothes, food, gifts, words of encouragement, notes, the list goes on. Thank you!

"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."
John 1:16






No comments: