Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grandpa's Funeral

August 3rd, we drove down to Tucson, Arizona for my Grandpa's (my mom's dad) funeral. The service was on Thursday the 5th. It was a very hot day. It was well over 100 degrees that morning, while we were at the grave site. It was good to see family and friends. Here are some pics from that day....

Pictures of Grandpa we used for the memorial.




Madi snuggled up to Grandma right before the memorial started. She stayed right by her the whole service.
You can see Emma and my mom behind them.




Chris officiated both the memorial and the grave site. My dad and Chris sang "What a Day" during the memorial service.




The grandchildren and great grandchildren put white roses on the coffin. When my cousin Jessie (left) went up with Reese (her daughter, on Emma's lap), Reese refused to put her rose down. Of course she didn't understand why everyone was giving away perfectly good roses. It was cute.




Emma putting her rose on. You can see me taking pictures in the background along with Rusty (my brother) and Chris beside Emma.




Madi putting on her rose. Boy, my tears are ready to flow as I am looking at these pictures. These pictures bring me right back to that day.




My cousin Michelle with two of her three children.

No comments: