Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome to my site

I finally got my site up.  Hopefully pictures are comming soon; the camera is at church in Chris' office.  It has been 7 weeks since we moved to Utah.  Our house in Oregon is currently pending and will be closing by the 30th of April.  If you are in Oregon you can drive by and see our new roof and beautiful tulips.  We are currently in contract with a house in West Jordan, Utah.  This week we are having it appraised and inspected.  We are in the process of looking at flooring and paint for the house.  

Chris is doing an awesome job at pastoring Sonrise Baptist Church.  He is busy, busy, busy!  He preached and lead communion at our Sunrise Service at 7AM on Easter Sunday.  Although it was cold, there was no snow on the ground that morning and there was about 75 people worshiping the Lord as the sun was rising; it was peaceful.  Chris also sang I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin in the Sunday Service.  If you haven't heard that song, listen, it is a powerful song.  I get tears in my eyes every time I hear it.  

The girls are going into their 4th week of school.  They are in a year round school and they were off for 3 weeks when we first got here.  Emma is having serious anxiety about school, particularly recess.  She is doing better although she still cried this morning.  She is not too sure about Utah, although she made a friend at church the first week.  

Madi is enjoying Utah.... although when we were on our trip here we stopped for lunch and when we were waiting to order, she told me that the trip was too long and she wanted to go back to Oregon.  We weren't out of Oregon yet.  We were at the Dalles.  It was cute.
In the third week of school she started having anxiety ( I think she is learning it from Big Sis), but likes her class and making new friends quickly.

I am so excited to get into our house.  If all goes through with the house we want, we will have been living out of boxes for 9 months; I am so ready to have everything out, especially my kitchen.  My headache is doing about the same at this point.  My car accident injuries aren't healing as we want.  

We found a Mimi's Cafe on Saturday.  I am so excited.  And for those fans of In N Out Burger, I have heard rumors that one is coming here.  I hope it is true. 

More is coming....

No comments: