Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Missing My Girls

For the last 8 years and 9 months I have had at least one of my two children at home with me. Although for 6 or so of the years I worked part time at a school, I still had half of the school day home with them. Today marks the second day with both girls in full time school. Since I am a full time domestic engineer, I have been able to keep up on all my chores and even made bread yesterday. Chris asked me why I made the bread and I said, "just because I had time." We both smiled. As most of you know, my life has been extra busy lately and now that we have no deadlines, I can take my time in getting projects done in the house. I have longed for the day that I was able to get everything done and not be so stressed on time. Now that it is here, it is nice, but I would trade it in a heartbeat to have my baby girl back home with me for at least half the day. I think of my girls constantly throughout the day, praying they are safe, learning lots and having fun. I guess I do only have 2 1/2 weeks until I will have both of my precious girls back home for three weeks. I wonder how long it will take until I will wish they were back at school (smile).

No comments: