Monday, July 12, 2010

Fourth Of July Parade


On Fourth of July, we decided to go to a parade. None of us had been to a Fourth of July Parade, and I have to say, even though it was super long and there were parts that were too loud, it was fun....

Some of the policemen entertained us while we were waiting for the parade to start. They did some neat formations.









Those that know Madi, know that she doesn't like loud noises. When the loud part of the parade got closer,she got up and stood by me. I was plugging my ears and holding my elbows over her ears for extra protection. Emma was even plugging her ears. We were glad when that part was over.











Where's Waldo?







That evening we went to another city and watched the fireworks. It was the best fireworks show I have ever seen. We were all impressed. Well, all impressed except for Madi. She was hiding under the blanket with earplugs in her ears. She has never liked fireworks. She cried the whole time at her first fireworks show, at 7 months old. I would never of guessed at 7 years old, she would still not want anything to do with fireworks. At least now she stays quiet under the blanket.

2 comments:

jer said...

That is awesome you guys got to go to a parade. One of your pictures did make me a little sad and upset. It is the one with the Military vehicle displaying the flag. There is nobody standing showing respect for the flag. As a veteran, this hurts.

Mrs. Sugar Plum... said...

That is sad. If you click on the picture, you can see some standing to the right of the vehicle, but not many. I am trying to remember if we stood when the vehicle came by. If we didn't, I'm sorry. I do want to let you know that they did the national anthem at the opening of the parade and a ceremony at the beginning of the parade. People were respectful and standing.
Thank you for serving Jeremy.