Sunday, July 25, 2010

Our House Stinks

Friday, Chris was able to spray our basement with primer. Although our house stinks, I love the smell, because it smells like we are getting closer to being able to move into the rest of our house. Chris and I are so excited to buy our paint tomorrow. Although we still have many things to do in our basement, we are making progress.

I am sad I didn't take a picture of how funny he looked after he got done priming 1,700 square feet of walls and ceilings. His hair was completely white and you could barely see his skin color on his face and arms. The girls and I got some good giggles in.

I know we are painting the family room and hallways the same brown as upstairs. We also know we are painting the girls playroom yellow. The guest bedroom is going to be off white. That leaves two rooms left. Our office/scrapbooking room and our exercise room. I would like our exercise room to make us look slim and motivate us to work out hard. Do you know any colors that will do that? I would like our office/scrapbooking room to be warm, but not too warm that we want to sleep instead of work. Any suggestions for either?

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Wow, that's a lot of rooms. How many square feet is your whole house? A scrapbook room, fun!

Mrs. Sugar Plum... said...

I don't know the exact number, but it's around 3,400 square feet. We have 7 rooms. We were able to buy the house for a good price, because it had so much damage.

Anonymous said...

How about painting one of the walls red and the opposite wall a big mirror in the exercise room? How about doing the scrapbook room a happy relaxing color like a pale yellow or light aqua similar to your blog with a white ceiling?

DB

Shanna said...

Oh, that's a lot bigger than it looks from the outside. They must build houses a lot different in Utah than in Oregon. You don't usually see basements here, except maybe like in Portland.

Mrs. Sugar Plum... said...

The houses are different here. Different styles I have never seen in Oregon. I don't think I've been in a Utah house that didn't have a basement.

mrsburleyford said...

Black is a slimming color, but probably not best for a paint color. :) So glad you are getting that much closer to being done!